W-2 Electronic Consent
Now is a good time to elect to receive your W‐2 statements online through OneUSG Connect.
Federal regulations require that employees give their consent to receive the W-2 in an electronic format. Employees must consent to electronic delivery by Dec. 31, 2021.
It’s easy! Follow these steps to consent to or confirm your current status:
- Log into OneUSG Connect at OneUSGConnect.usg.edu
- Click the Payroll tile from Employee Self Service.
- Click the Taxes tile.
- Click W-2/W-2c Consent.
- If you have already consented in OneUSG Connect to receive W-2 or W-2c forms, your status will indicate “Consent received,” and no further action is required.
- If your current status is “No consent received,” proceed to step four.
- Click the box for “Check here to indicate your consent to receive electronic W-2 and W-2c forms.”
- Click Submit.
Once your consent is given in OneUSG Connect, it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated.
Why should you consent to electronic W-2?
- Online delivery provides access to your W‐2 statement earlier than the traditional paper process.
- Online delivery minimizes the chance that your W‐2 statement will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery or misplaced after received.
- Your sensitive information is safer. Electronic delivery helps ensure that your W-2 is delivered directly to you and not opened/seen by the wrong person.
- You can retrieve your W‐2 statements at any time of day and on weekends.
- You can print multiple copies at your convenience.
- W‐2 statements will remain online for multiple years.
- Go Green!
If you do not consent, a paper W-2 will be mailed to your current address on record.
If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .